Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accent Part THREE BRUH.

The story of How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accent was an interesting book... I did not like it as much as I was planning to. The book did not had a flow or a hook that I wanted to catch my eye. Instead the story had a flow that was boring, there was no WOW factor in the book, it just moved topic to topic. I still have no idea why the author chose the way she organized her story, it was just plain confusing. Even though I did not enjoy the book, I did kinda understand so point of the story and it catch my eyes at times.

The ending of the story was like a ‘what?...’ moment for me. The book ended with a cat past away. At first that is what I thought, it was just another dying cat but when we had the class discussion, I realized that the cat had a bigger meaning. The cat represent the four sisters and all the pain and sadness they are feeling. The cat is their feelings and what they are hiding form their family and everything they want to say but they can not. When the cats come back it means they have to face all those feelings again and have to find a way to get rid of it. Also, it is the emotions the four girls about their parents and they sadness. The act is their pain.

Furthermore, the ending of the book talks about why the family have decided to move to the states. Also how the girls grew up to shape them and who they are meant to be. The girls did not get much attention from the parents so they feel abandon. When the Yoyo sold herself for clay it shows that she was not that smart even though it says she was smart, there are certain kind of smartness and she is only smart by using her words. The girls had a rough life but they found a way to get rid of the pain and were able to have each other backs, they were always there for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment