Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ms.Valdez

Last year at ASTI we had an English teacher name Ms.Valdez. She was one of the most mmm..interesting teacher ever. Ms.Valdez always had to have it her way and be right no matter what. She even said “when I’m right I’m right and when I’m wrong, I’m still right,” that was Ms.Valdez for ya but she knew what she was doing well...sometimes. We read many books in her class and it always relates to rape except for Macbeth but I enjoyed reading in her class. She made reading more understandable and always found a deeper meaning in everything we read. Her essay’s were a pain to write but it got easier as the year goes on but Ms.Valdez never gave out A’s, it would be rare when she did.

I remember walking into her classroom and the temperature in that room would be horrible. It would always be crazy hot or freezing cold. When the class would complain about the temperature she would say, “If I’m comfortable than everyone is comfortable,” that classroom never felt comfortable. It used to smell really bad too, still does actually. That classroom always had food in it, Ms.Valdez love her food, her fridge was full of food that’s been there for weeks. It was her punishment to her students, mess with her and you would have to deal with her fridge, that thing stinks.

I have to admit she was an amazing teacher. I have learn so much in her class than I learn in all my years of middle school. She would always make class interesting and keep the class predictable. Also she was able to interpret the reading very clearly and lets us say whatever we want about the reading. She just wanted use to express ourselves as a student and help us find the bigger meaning in everything. One of the best thing about class was whenever anyone in the class would say something deep or say something she likes, she would go “mmmmm interesting” or “oooh i like! say more.” Freshman English would not be the same without Valdez and without her it would not be so memorable. Ms.Valdez was easy to talk to and did not care what anyone said about her because she loves herself. Ms.Valdez was a one of a kind teacher. She is missed at ASTI.

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, I was impressed with her handiwork today. As I walked around the class listening to people talk about the stories we'd read and the ways they'd learned in her class to break down an essay job, it became quickly clear that she'd left a positive mark.

    Way to go for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a hard teacher, but I guess it was for the best because we might have to face that kind of teacher in college. She expects us to do what she ask. It's a pain, but we learn from our failure. Yes, I do complain about her, but she's human, you're human, I'm human? We have our own ideas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda miss Valdez. But I don't miss her grades... and quizzes everyday...
    Here's my response, ex-wife? (it was never official... i dont know what happened though.)
    http://thecoolestamber.blogspot.com/2010/10/resonse-to-ms-valdez.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnteresting, and I wish you had said more. Mmmmmmm?

    I said more here: http://onedayrobotswillcrycs.blogspot.com/2010/10/ah-memories-of-ms-valdezs-class.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valdezzz...I responded!
    http://bloggerroggers.blogspot.com/2010/10/ms-valdez-response-to-vy.html

    ReplyDelete